Dr. Chinmay Nath is a companionship trained Orthopaedic spine surgeon now also working as Consultant Spine Surgeon in the Apollo Gleneagles Hospital in Kolkata. Dr. Chinmay Nath has completed his MBBS from the University of Calcutta in the year 1994. He completed his training in the field of Orthopaedic Surgery from Calcutta Medical College, India. He passed MS in the field of orthopaedic in the year 1999 from the University of Calcutta. He completed Clinical Fellowship in Spine Surgery in the University Spine Centre and National University Hospital in Singapore.
He finished Spine Fellowship in AIIMS located in New Delhi and P.A. Hospital in Australia. He passed MRCS from Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh. He served as Orthopaedic faculty in the Several Medical College. Besides, spine surgery and orthopaedics, Dr. Chinmay Nath loves to travel and take photographs.
Since last few years, on the entire world, spine surgery has evolved from mere decompression of the spinal cord and several other neural structures to comprehensive spine care that include spinal malformation correction, treatment of the spinal tumors, spinal infection, spinal injury, spinal fusion, paralysis and so on. It demands accessibility of newer technology, new instruments, rightly trained staffs as well as surgeons who are dedicated to and then trained in the Spinal surgery. Dr. Chinmay Nath keeps a special interest in all these new developments in surgery of spine. His basic idea is to make these things possible and accessible to everyone.
- Completed MBBS from the University of Calcutta (Kolkata) in 1994
- Did MS (Orthopaedics) from University of Calcutta (Kolkata) in 1999
- Spine Fellow- AIIMS (New Delhi), 2008
- Clinical Fellow, Spine Surgery- University Spine Centre, National University Hospital, Singapore, 2009-2010
- Did his Diploma in Tissue Banking- National University of Singapore (NUS) in 2010
- Spine Fellow, AO Spine Centre, Brisbane, Australia
- IOSUK fellow at King's College Hospital, London and Writington Hospital, Wigan, UK in 2014.
Awards and achievements
Dr. Chinmay Nath has own Gold Medal for MS (Orthopaedics ) in he year 1999. At the same time also won the 2nd position in MS (Orthopaedics ) from University of Calcutta.
- Dr Chinmay Nath has nine years teaching experience in Orthopaedics in different medical colleges during 2000-2009 .
- Clinical Tutor in R G Kar Medical College, Kolkata
- Assistant Professor in RG Kar Medical College, Kolkata
- Associate Professor in Midnapore Medical College and Medical College, Kolkata
- He has become examiner of MBBS course and reviewer of thesis of MS (Ortho).He taught Orthopaedics to the students of MS (Ortho), MBBS, BPT and Bachelor of Nursing.